WHAT IS PSORIASIS ?
A condition in which skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches.
Psoriasis is thought to be an immune system problem. Triggers include infections, stress and cold.
The most common symptom is a rash on the skin, but sometimes the rash involves the nails or joints.
Treatment aims to remove scales and stop skin cells from growing so quickly. Topical ointments, light therapy and medication can offer relief.
The symptoms of psoriasis vary depending on the type you have. Some common symptoms for plaque psoriasis -- the most common variety of the condition -- include:
• Plaques of red skin, often covered with silver-colored scales. These plaques may be itchy and painful, and they sometimes crack and bleed. In severe cases, the plaques will grow and merge, covering large areas.
• Disorders of the fingernails and toe nails, including discoloration and pitting of the nails. The nails may also crumble or detach from the nail bed.
• Plaques of scales or crust on the scalp.
• People with psoriasis can also get a type of arthritis called psoriatic arthritis. It causes pain and swelling in the joints. The National Psoriasis Foundation estimates that between 10% to 30% of people with psoriasis also have psoriatic arthritis.
Other types of psoriasis include:
• Pustular psoriasis, which causes red and scaly skin with tiny pustules on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet.
• Guttate psoriasis, which often starts in childhood or young adulthood, causes small, red spots, mainly on the torso and limbs. Triggers may be respiratory infections, strep throat, tonsillitis, stress, injury to the skin, and taking antimalarial and beta-blocker medications.
• Inverse psoriasis, which makes bright red, shiny lesions that appear in skin folds, such as the armpits, groin, and under the breasts.
• Erythrodermic psoriasis, which causes fiery redness of the skin and shedding of scales in sheets. It's triggered by severe sunburn, infections, certain medications, and stopping some kinds of psoriasis treatment. It needs to be treated immediately because it can lead to severe illness.
WHAT CAUSES PSORIASIS ?
Experts believe that it’s a combination of things. Something wrong with the immune system causes inflammation, triggering new skin cells to form too quickly. Normally, skin cells are replaced every 10 to 30 days. With psoriasis, new cells grow every 3 to 4 days. The buildup of old cells being replaced by new ones creates those silver scales.
Psoriasis tends to run in families, but it may be skip generations. For instance, a grandfather and their grandson may be affected, but not the child's mother.
Things that can trigger an outbreak of psoriasis include:
• Cuts, scrapes, or surgery
• Emotional stress
• Strep infections
• Medications, including
• Blood pressure medications (like beta-blockers)
• Hydroxychloroquine, antimalarial medication
PSORIASIS TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA
• First of all, blood purifiers are given to the patients to reduce increased toxins inside the body. Neem Capsule and few herbal powders & Rishthas in classical medicines are famous for this thing.
• Secondly, emphasis moves toward liver care. Detoxification of liver is done through various therapies like Vamana / Virechana which in turn improves the immunity of the body.
• Wrong anti-biotics & anti-histamines are avoided with the help of herbal natural medicines so as to avoid their side effects on various parts of our body. Deep Ayurveda has its effective herbal medicines which performs the same task as done by anti-biotics & anti-histamines without having any side effects like Gandak Rasayan, Panchtikt Ghrit Guggul, Chander Prabha Vati etc.
• Various herbal medicated oils & formulations have been prepared for traditional ayurvedic treatment at our all clinic having almost all the benefits like anti-allergic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial & anti-biotics.
• Rejuvenation of cells is done through immune boosters & modulator herbs like Amla, Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Brahmi etc. Ayurvit Multivitamin Herbal capsules is the medicine available at Deep ayurveda for this purpose.
• At last, Ayurveda emphasizes on the proper rejuvenation, relaxation & toning of nervous system through various neuro-tonic herbs like Brahmi, Shankhpushpi, Jatamansi, Tagar, etc. Following potent herbal medicines are very effective for this purpose:- Nervocare Herbal capsules, Brahmi Vati, Brahmi ghrit, Ashwagandha churan etc.